All that you have to know to make your marriage a succces story...

From july 2011

Custom Search

Site Map


© Claude Danis

Forum of this site

Before the marriage

Live in pair without marriage

Why  marry ?

The good choice


Marriage laws 

The civil wedding 

Abroad or with foreigner

 Between homosexuals

Marriage of convenience

 and sentimental swindle

Kidnapping by foreign parent

The religious wedding

Catholic or Protestant


Jewish Wedding

Muslim Wedding

Interfaith marriage

Other religions


The wedding dresses 

The procession

Photo and video

The " vin d'honneur"

The banquet and bal

Speech and jokes

After wedding 

The honeymoon journey

The " thank-you" letters

Living in couple

Source of conflicts  

Moral and sexual life

Wedding anniversaries

Some bit of psychology

Golden rules of dialogue

Personnality test

Test of mutual knowledging

To make it up with her/she


Custom Search

Help lovers in Rwanda

Contact me  

The Forum of this site

Usefull referencies

Forum for divorced people

In Wikipedia : Marriage

Quotations about marriage

Love poems 

In French

Amour et humour

compteur :

Our partners

Links exchange

Google Analytic

  marriage & religion - marriage out of France French Version

The marriage abroad or with a foreigner.



1 Two french people, abroad.

2 French national and a foreigner

   The Code of Family in Algeria : Women and Islamists

3 Other nationalities

4 How to obtain a permanent residency right 

5 Say "I Love You" in Different Languages





Two french people, abroad. 


This marriage must be celebrated by the Ambassador or the Consul of France, if it is possible.

Otherwise, the union by authority local competent is vallable towards the French law, provided that the publication of bannss was made and provided that a certificate of capacity in the marriage was obtained. This is within the competence of the Embassy or Consulate territorialement competent, to contact at least six weeks before foreseen date.

After the marriage, the transcription of this one must be asked in the same authorities and a French family booklet will be put back to the couple.




Marriage between a French national and a foreigner 


In most of the countries, the French national who marries a foreigner has to get married in front of the local authorities of the family status. Any marriage celebrated abroad between a Frenchman and a foreigner is valid in France if it is celebrated in the local forms.

As in the previous case, the French promised has to contact the Embassy or the Consulate of France, to publish bannss and obtain a certificate of capacity in the marriage. After this marriage, it will again be necessary to obtain the transcription of the marriage and the family booklet.

The diplomatic or consular agent has the possibility of asking to speak to the future couple or the couple on the occasion of each of the formalities.

Two years after the marriage, the foreign spouse can require the French nationality. This delay is worn in three years if the spouse does not justify to have lived in France in a continuous way during at least one year. He also has to know enough the French language.


Other Nationalities

search on Google

'requirement for marriage' + country + nationality


How to obtain a permanent residency right

You must usualy require an immigration visa from the Embassy of your country. After that you will obtain a permanent residency right or green card...


For USA look at :


For other contry, search on google

"permanent residency" + marriage + "name of country"